Thursday, August 6, 2009

Home Study Blunders

The good news is that we received our home study on Sat. The bad news is that it is full of errors. I have been in contact with the social worker and they are working on the changes now. It is frustrating because some of the errors were told to them BEFORE they signed them and sent them to us. Oh well. At least it is getting fixed. We need to send it off to the secretary of state and to USCIS before we can even complete the dossier. At least all of the other paperwork is completed. God has perfect timing. This way we will have our benefit done and we can apply that money to the first payment...providing we raise enough! I believe the Lord will bring it in somehow someway. The benefit is Sept. 12 and it is quickly approaching. I'm getting nervous about it all. I hope it all works out smoothly. I printed 50 more brochures today. I have a lot I need to get in the mail and a lot to hand out. I plan on printing 50 more tomorrow. That is my goal anyway. Still looking for silent auction items and hole sponsors. Bring them in Lord.

The kids start school next week. Andrea will be in Miss Taylor's 2nd grade class and Noah will be in Ms. Tramontana's kindergarten class. I know Andrea will do fine...she loves school and she is really looking forward to it. I'm a little concerned about Noah. He will be there all day on Mondays and Wednesdays and every other Friday. He will get to eat lunch at school! I am praying his energy level stays under control. Nathan doesn't start preschool until after Labor Day. It will be interesting to see how he does. Knowing mommy is right next door in another class may be hard for him. The other teachers are very good though and I know he will adjust in time.

Last night at church the message was about making Christ Lord over your life...not just Savior. It was very powerful and convicting. He touched a place in my heart where I haven't completely made Him Lord. I am learning that it is a daily surrender of the heart. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment