Thursday, April 8, 2010

Soon



We just returned from a wonderful family vacation in Florida. It was so nice spending a few relaxing days with my kids, my hubby, and my parents. We spent some time on the beach, at the pool, hanging out, and much more. It was so refreshing. I needed the getaway. I have been so consumed with our adoption...somewhat out of fear. We just found out that we have to have our referral by April 26 in order to get the paperwork to the courts by May 8th. If we don't, we will have to travel twice. We are willing to do this if we have to, but it will be a huge stretch financially for us and Andy doesn't really have the vacation time to do it. Technically this is possible since it is still only the 8th of April, but our coordinator emailed me and told me that she wasn't aware of any new children that have come in to the orphanage. When I heard this my heart sank and I almost felt like I could throw up. I know that may sound extreme, but I had so hoped for good news. We have been at the top of the list for 4 weeks now and I carry my phone with me everywhere I go. I even take it with me to the bathroom. Each week goes by and I almost find myself depressed about it, but then I realize that God is perfect and His timing is perfect. He will not give us more than we can handle and I know that our little one will be in our arms soon. It is just part of the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment