Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas time


I can't believe that Christmas is in 3 days. It is such a wonderful and joyous time. My kids are bouncing off of the walls. This is a picture of us at the Christmas tree farm. So much fun! We were talking today about little our baby girl in Ethiopia and where we will hang her stocking for Christmas. We don't know when she will be with us, but our hearts are with her. A sweet friend of ours who has adopted 4 little girls gave me an ornament for our tree. She said that she always kept an ornament on her tree for her girls that were still in China. I cried when she gave it to me. I have been really trying to keep my mind off of the wait...but we got some news that the wait time has increased to 9-12 months for a referral. This puts us in August at the earliest. So, we may not even have her home for next Christmas. I must admit that I am quite upset about this, but God is good about keeping me busy. I just pray that the long winter months are not too difficult. There is starting to be some movement over in Ethiopia though. Lots of families have court dates approaching, and one family will be traveling to get their little girl the 3rd of January. Hopefully this will make space for our little one who will be coming into the home. God has perfect timing in everything though. I don't see it from my perspective, but He sees where she is (even if she is still in the womb). I will devote my time to praying for her health and her mother's. I will also pray that she will know she is loved and wanted. What a precious little girl she is.


No comments:

Post a Comment