Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Let it Snow

Mommy and Biscuit...our newest addition

Noah playing in the snow

Andrea eating the snow


Nathan being his cute self
I haven't posted in a while. We have been extremely busy with wrestling, basketball, school, violin, and piano. Andrea getting sick and the snow storm actually made us slow down for a little while. Actually, Andrea has had a fever for 11 days. We are spending a lot of time praying for her and resting. She has missed 5 days of school. I think the Lord sent the snow storm so she wouldn't miss any more (they have had 3 snow days in the past 2 weeks). We did go outside as a family last night and build a snow fort. We don't have any hills around our property so we made our own snow hill out of snow! FUN. Andy and I stayed outside longer than the kids. We have about 8 inches out there. I love the snow. I don't even mind getting out in it. The kids love it too. The picture at the top shows our newest little member of the family, Biscuit. She is a mini shnauzer and is the best puppy ever. I LOVE HER! We start puppy school tonight so we shall see how well she does!
On the adoption front, we are moving up the list!!! Another family just got a referral this week. A 4 yr. old girl has been matched with her forever family. I just love hearing their stories. This family has already adopted one little girl from Ethiopia and is now bringing home her sister. LOVE IT. There are also 2 families over there now picking up their babies. I can't wait to hear about their adventures and see their children. God is amazing. We are praying that they have safe trips. Andy and I need to go to the international doctor to get our shots for our trip. It is going to be here before we know it. I actually had a dream last night that I was holding our baby girl. She was so small, but had the face of a 6-8 month old child. Her hair was dark and fuzzy, and her eyes were dark, clear, and beautiful. She looked at me very intensely and felt so comfortable in my arms. She was a very calm little girl, almost as if she was taking it all in. I know the time is getting closer when I will actually hold my baby and look into her eyes. I long for that day.




No comments:

Post a Comment