Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Getting excited!

I am getting so excited about this adoption. There have been a flood of referrals this week, and court dates/travel is going quickly as well. This just brings me hope that my baby's "spot" is opening up at the orphanage. We are 3rd on the "list" for a baby girl. OVERJOYED. For some reason I keep get a feeling in my heart that the referral will come in March. I don't know if this is realistic or not, but I just keep hearing that. That will be one year since we started the process. I can't stop looking at the pictures of the children who will be coming home soon. It makes my heart swell. I told Andy the other night that we were 3rd and he said he is starting to get nervous....a good nervous. We have a lot of work to do to get ready for that day, but it will be worth it.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your referral comes soon and if we keep up at this pace it won't be long!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was #3 "Officially" (told by amanda) and in a month and a half we were Officially #1. And that was when referrals weren't hardly coming in at all. We sat at #1 a long time though. We became #1 on 9-2-09 and Yohanna was born on 9-10-09. (Part of God's divine plan to make SURE we got her referral!) We waited for a referral until 11-23-09. She was 10 weeks old. So if things continue to stay at this speed, I would say, that it wouldn't surprise me if you DO get a referral in March!!!

    ReplyDelete