Thursday, January 27, 2011

We're coming to get you baby girl!!!!!!

Yesterday was a relatively normal day. I had preschool in the morning, then I met my good friend and fellow adoptive mom Lynn at Chick-fil-a for a playdate. I then ran to the grocery to pick up some much needed supplies before I picked up the kids from school. I came home, after picking up the kids, and as I was carrying groceries into the house my cell phone rang. I noticed it was an 812 area code. My first thought was... why is my brother calling me, he never calls. Then I realized it probably wasn't him since he never calls. Then my brain flashed back to our referral call and remembered that it was an 812 number. Isn't it amazing what can flash through your mind in a split second! I answered the phone and on the other line I hear a kind voice that said, "Are you ready to go to Ethiopia?" Well of course I screamed and said yes. She then said who it was and that they had just received confirmation from the Embassy that we have been approved to travel. I could hardly believe what I was hearing!!!! She said she didn't have exact dates but they had an idea of when travel would be so to start getting ready. We will know for certain tomorrow. I hung up the phone and ran downstairs and screamed to Andy... "We're going to AFRICA!!!". I danced around in circles and he had a look on his face that said... what are you talking about. I then explained that I had just gotten off of the phone with our case manager and that we were approved to go get our girl. We are coming to get you baby girl!!!!! Mommy and Daddy will be there soon. I can't wait to hold you. The kids soon came downstairs because of all of the commotion and we asked them what they have been looking forward to for sooo long. Andrea yelled... BABY OLIVIA. We said yep, we are going to go get her! She climbed onto my lap and started to cry. We then decided to go out to eat to celebrate. I am still in shock that we are finally at this point in our journey. I can't believe she will be home with us so soon. I am overwhelmed with joy and gratitude to my heavenly Father. He answered our prayers.

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you! What a great post to read! Praying for the details!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I can't wait to meet/hold her! :)

    ReplyDelete